- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely cut maraschino cherry
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup mild flavored honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Drain cherries, reserving juice.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Finely cut and measure 1/2 c cherries.
- Beat egg slightly.
- Add milk, cherry juice, salad oil, honey and cherries.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Pour in egg mixture all at once.
- Stir quickly, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not beat (batter will be lumpy).
- Quickly spoon batter into 12 2 and 1/2 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until done.
- Serve popping hot.