I make these for Valentine's Day.
Make and share this Cherry Pink Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Drain cherries, reserving juice.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Finely cut and measure 1/2 c cherries.
- Beat egg slightly.
- Add milk, cherry juice, salad oil, honey and cherries.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Pour in egg mixture all at once.
- Stir quickly, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not beat (batter will be lumpy).
- Quickly spoon batter into 12 2 and 1/2 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until done.
- Serve popping hot.
These muffins have a really good taste. They're not too sweet and I used 1/3 cup sugar instead of honey. Thanks Recipe Junkie :) Made for Think Pink event
I really thought we'd like these muffins, but I'm afraid they just weren't sweet enough for my family's taste. There is nothing wrong with the recipe, just our personal preference. I will possibly make these again in the future but will have to play around with ingredients to make them sweeter. They tasted a bit like cornbread, but without the cornmeal. I'm sorry, Recipe Junkie, but thank you for sharing the recipe, as I know there will be many other chefs that will like this recipe. :) Made for October 2009 Think Pink tag event.
Great idea for Valentine's day! I was worred they would be too sweet, but they weren't at all! A nice special muffin recipe, that's easy and a little different. Made for Think Pink 09.