Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another discovery from an old book--sounds easy and tasty to me!
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Spread pineapple with juice evenly in dish.
- Spread cherry pie filling over pineapple.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over cherries, then spread pecans over cake mix.
- Cut margarine into thin slices and place over pecans.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
This is a yummilicious cake! It is one of the easiest and tastiest cakes on Earth!!! We love this one!
Wow, TGirl, this was a great cake. I made this last night and DH and I ate about one third of it before bedtime. Really great flavors, kinda like a spruced up version of pineapple upside down cake. Thanks for posting.
Final results were o.k. but not wonderful..I used the correct size pan and ingrients and ended up baking cobbler 1 hour and 10 minutes longer than called for. Covered cake with foil so it would not burn. It would seem like there was not enough liquid to moisten the cake mix enough to bake properly. Would not do again.