Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am lucky to receive a spiral sliced ham from my boss each Christmas. This year I wanted to glas it differently, but I forgot to get ingredients at the store, so I had to use what was on hand. This recipe was born. Cook time does not include warming the ham.
- 10 lbs spiral cut ham (fully cooked)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Remove ham from packaging and warm according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile combine all other ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil till mixture starts to thicken.
- After ham is warm, remove from oven and heat oven to 425. Carefully loosen slices(do not remove from bone)and brush glaze all over ham liberally.
- Put uncoved in oven, cook for about 20 to 30 minutes Basting with glaze every 10 minutes Ham should be "golden" brown.
- Allow to cool and remove slices from bone according to carving instructions on packaging.
I made this today, I didn't have cherry preserves so I used strawberry jam....OMG! so good. Thanks for sharing.
This was a HUGE success - so, so easy to do and very pretty to look at. I served it a room temp for Xmas lunch and it was raved about. I used marmalade as I rarely see cherry preserve here. I did not have a spiral ham either - this suits any style of pre cooked ham you purchase - it was wonderful !
I made this for Christmas 2013 and the glaze is wonderful! <br/>Here are my suggestions: I used Smucker's "Orchard's Finest" Michigan Red Tart Cherry Preserves, Dole Crushed Pineapple, I didn't have spicy brown mustard so I used Dijon mustard instead and no cloves (not everyone liked them so I left them out). <br/><br/>Make extra "compote" it was a great hit and everyone used extra on the ham or just to eat. If you do the spiral ham and like it warmer than recommended keep basting the ham with the juices. Follow the rest of the directions as stated. I served the ham with King's Hawaiian Dinner Rolls.