Recipe by MsSally
I am lucky to receive a spiral sliced ham from my boss each Christmas. This year I wanted to glas it differently, but I forgot to get ingredients at the store, so I had to use what was on hand. This recipe was born. Cook time does not include warming the ham.
- 10 lbs spiral cut ham (fully cooked)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove ham from packaging and warm according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile combine all other ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil till mixture starts to thicken.
- After ham is warm, remove from oven and heat oven to 425. Carefully loosen slices(do not remove from bone)and brush glaze all over ham liberally.
- Put uncoved in oven, cook for about 20 to 30 minutes Basting with glaze every 10 minutes Ham should be "golden" brown.
- Allow to cool and remove slices from bone according to carving instructions on packaging.