Recipe by Michelle S.
Need a quick dessert without alot of ingredients? Look no further! I have never tried it, but I imagine you could substitute any flavor pie filling.
Top Review by Bev
Michelle, this is a lovely quick dessert that would be welcome at either a family dinner or larger gathering! I served it with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and it was sooo good! Thank you so much for sharing!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Cream the butter with sugar until fluffy in a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the extracts.
- Blend in the flour.
- Pour half the batter into the pan.
- Top with the pie filling.
- Gently spread remaining batter over the pie filling.
- Bake until golden and firm to the touch, about 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then cut into squares.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.