Recipe by True Texas
Another great sounding poke cake, just in time for summer.
Top Review by Cassandra's Kitchen
My hunny and I love, love, love this simple recipe! This came out so good, we'll have to be sure to make this when we have company coming over. We have nearly devoured the entire cake ourselves. I used cherry jello, and for the cool whip frosting, I added four drops of red food coloring, which gave it a really pretty pink color. Tiny pink sprinkes finish it off. Lovely low-cost weeknight dessert, or take it to a pot luck and watch as guests heartily gobble it up before your very eyes.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) packagefruit flavored gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for one 9x13 inch cake.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Poke holes at once down through cake with a fork.
- Holes should be at 1 inch intervals.
- While the cake cools, combine the gelatin with boiling water.
- Pour gelatin mixture over the cake.
- Top with the cherry pie filling, then cover with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate cake for one hour before serving.