Very similar to Larabar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup dried sour cherries (packed tightly into measuring cup)
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 9 dates (pitted)
- 1Using a good chopping knife, begin to coarsely chop your piles of nuts, cherries and dates.
- 2The dates will be very sticky, but just do you best to slice, and then cube them up.
- 3Combine your piles and chop together.
- 4It will be pretty rough at first, but just keep chopping and the ingredients will begin to combine and stick to each other.
- 5Once the ingredients begin to stick together, use your knife to squish it into a single mass.
- 6Chop up that mass and repeat.
- 7The mass will continue to hold together better, and eventually your chopping will be more like taking slices off of the mass.
- 8If at this point you feel your mix is still too dry, try adding another date.
- 9Continue on until the mass reliably sticks together.
- 10At that point, you will be able to knead it a couple of times using your hands.
- 11Just fold it over on its self and mush down.
- 12It will be a little sticky, but not too much.
- 13Press it into a rectangular shape about 3/4″ high.
- 14Using a clean knife, cut the mass into bars.
- 15They can be wrapped in plastic wrap for later use.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Pie Larabar
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried sour cherries