Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very similar to Larabar
- 1⁄3 cup dried sour cherries (packed tightly into measuring cup)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 9 dates (pitted)
- Using a good chopping knife, begin to coarsely chop your piles of nuts, cherries and dates.
- The dates will be very sticky, but just do you best to slice, and then cube them up.
- Combine your piles and chop together.
- It will be pretty rough at first, but just keep chopping and the ingredients will begin to combine and stick to each other.
- Once the ingredients begin to stick together, use your knife to squish it into a single mass.
- Chop up that mass and repeat.
- The mass will continue to hold together better, and eventually your chopping will be more like taking slices off of the mass.
- If at this point you feel your mix is still too dry, try adding another date.
- Continue on until the mass reliably sticks together.
- At that point, you will be able to knead it a couple of times using your hands.
- Just fold it over on its self and mush down.
- It will be a little sticky, but not too much.
- Press it into a rectangular shape about 3/4″ high.
- Using a clean knife, cut the mass into bars.
- They can be wrapped in plastic wrap for later use.