Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
To make this recipe you will need some sort of pie iron. I prefer round.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 8 slices white bread
- 1⁄3 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spread butter on 1 side of 2 slices of bread. Place 1 slice, butter side out, on sandwich press. Spoon one-fourth of the pie filling onto center of bread. Top with one-fourth of the cream cheese. Top with other slice of bread, butter side out. Close press; trim excess bread.
- Grill over campfire or on grill 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 to 18 minutes, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cream cheese is melted. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve warm.