Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a cool, light and refreshing dessert that is great for barbeques, picnics or potlucks. You just dump the 5 ingredients into a bowl, stir, chill and serve! Looks very pretty served in a clear bowl :)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (save juice for another recipe or drink it!)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chopped pecans (optional) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups walnuts (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Chill for an hour or two and then serve!
Served this recipe at a family get-to-gether every one really enjoyed.Had second helping.It is so easy to make.
A cool, refreshing dessert. Similar to an ambrosia salad, minus the mini-marshmallows. And so simple, only 5 ingredients. I brought this to a baby shower; (the mommy is having a boy; the dessert was very pink......I wonder how blueberry pie filling would taste instead of cherry, making the dessert blue!) Nonetheless, this dessert easy to make and good to eat.
This is the same recipe my family has made for years and is a tradition around Christmas - it is a very pretty salad! Nothing easier or better tasting with all the mad dashing about during the holidays. I like to reserve a few cherries to garnish around the top before serving.