Recipe by Vyrianna
This recipe may be microwaved instead of cooked on the stove. If you wish to microwave it mix liquid, sugar and corn starch, microwave on "High" 2 or 3 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils. Stir once during cooking.
Top Review by Melissa S.
I used vanilla extract instead of almond and had to use flour as I didn't have cornstarch on hand but I used the microwave version and still came out very good. Probably would've been about perfect if I had cornstarch
- 2 cups tart cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 3⁄4 cup liquid (juice or water)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar (sweeten to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend corn starch and sugar. (The amount of sugar can vary according to taste and if the cherries were frozen with sugar or not.)
- Drain juice from cherries and add water to make 3/4 cup liquid. Stir liquid into corn starch mixture.
- Stir mixture on high heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat, stir in almond extract and gently fold in cherries.