Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
The cake part of this is absolutely delicious and goes perfectly with the cherries! A favorite at my house! Use a regular size can of cherry pie filling, but you will probably have about half a can leftover.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Beat in lemon juice and flour.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured jellyroll pan (or a cookie sheet with tall sides).
- Use a toothpick to mark where the bars will be cut. Drop about 2-4 cherries with filling in the middle of each square. (You won't use the whole can).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
This was very good. It was incredibly easy to make. But I think next time I would add a tsp of either vanilla or almond into the cake mix for added "umpf". My kids on the other hand, devoured it! Thank you so much for sharing this easy and tasty recipe! XO LA :-)