Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A nice change from the norm. Found this somewhere on the net and printed it out. But I don't have the source.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces or 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Do NOT stir at any time.
- Pour cherry pie filling into 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread pineapple with juice over cherry filling.
- Do not stir.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pineapple.
- Sprinkle coconut over cake mix.
- Sprinkle nuts over coconut.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- Bake 40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
We loved it! So easy and simple but SO good. I used the butter recipe cake mix, and pecans. I had to bake about 20 more minute for mine though.
Great little dessert. Easy to prepare (a day ahead at that!!) and great tasting. Served in a wine glass with a dollop of cream, it is quite classy!! Thanks for the great recipe CoolMonday.
I am not a sweet eater but I had this at a friend's house and I loved it! The cherries were tart and the coconut flavor blended in- it was wonderful - Thanks Cool Monday!