Recipe by toosharps
These are so good and so simple.
Top Review by smartblonde #2
These were very good. I tried to cheat and put tin foil on the cookie sheet so it would be easy to clean but my crust stayed sort of soggy. I think maybe there is a little too much sugar and next time I'll try to cut it back a little. Otherwise these went over well at Christmas. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the following ingredients together:.
- Crisco, butter or margarine, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- After creaming above, add: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Save 1 1/2 cups batter and spread the remaining in a greased cookie sheet.
- Spread cherry pie filling over batter and drop remaining batter on top of cherries.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Take it out of oven and drizzle glaze over top.