Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so good and so simple.
Make and share this Cherry Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Cream the following ingredients together:.
- Crisco, butter or margarine, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- After creaming above, add: flour, baking powder and salt.
- Save 1 1/2 cups batter and spread the remaining in a greased cookie sheet.
- Spread cherry pie filling over batter and drop remaining batter on top of cherries.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Take it out of oven and drizzle glaze over top.
These were very good. I tried to cheat and put tin foil on the cookie sheet so it would be easy to clean but my crust stayed sort of soggy. I think maybe there is a little too much sugar and next time I'll try to cut it back a little. Otherwise these went over well at Christmas. Thanks!