Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When you want pie, but don’t have the time to make one.
Make and share this Cherry Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in middle of oven; spray the bottom only of a 13x9 inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, 6 tablespoons melted butter, and 1 cup of the oats with a wooden spoon until well blended ( mixture will be crumbly); reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Stir the egg into the remaining mixture until blended; press into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Pour cherry pie filling over the crust; spread evenly.
- In a bowl combine the reserved cake mixture, remaining ¼ cup oats, remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, brown sugar, and pecans until blended; sprinkle evenly over cherry pie filling.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden; transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into bars.