Recipe by Wendelina
Simple cherry pie with a little extra flavor. Four cups of fresh cherries can be used instead of canned.
- 2 pie crusts
- 3 (16 ounce) canspitted red tart cherries
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- In large bowl, combine cherries, sugar, flour, cinnamon and almond extract. Toss lightly.
- Spoon into pasty lined pie pan. Dot with butter. Top with remaining pastry and seal edges. Cut slits in several places.
- Bake at 425 for 35-45 minutes or until juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.