Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried these in an Italian Deli.Some people use mozzarella, or even pepper jack cheese. I prefer parmesan.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar cherry peppers (I like them hot but you can buy the sweet peppers too)
- 1 (8 ounce) package provolone cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb prosciutto ham, cut very thin
- olive oil (Use enough to fill the jar after the peppers are done)
- Clean peppers by cutting the pepper around the stem (like you would a pumpkin), and cleaning out the seeds.
- Cut cheese in small squares.
- Wrap small strips of ham around diced cheese cubes.
- Place each cube into a pepper.
- Place finished peppers into the jar (be sure to drain the jar of all liquid first).
- Pour olive oil over peppers enough to cover.
Those who like cherry peppers seemed to like this 'different' appetizer. We used mozzerella cheese. We thought the olive oil could use a little salt and pepper added to it. It takes a small amount of work, but isn't hard to do.
I had these at an Italian Theme party this weekend. They were FANTASTIC. However, the only difference was the use of Mozz. Cheese instead. I almost didn't try them because I don't like peppers that much. I was wrong. Thank you for posting!!!