Recipe by mandabears
I found this recipe on another web site and boy, is it ever good. I love these little bites of dynamite! The cheese does neutralize some of the fire, but not a lot! Bake time is chill time.
- 12 fresh cherry peppers
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the tops off of the cherry peppers and carefully remove the seeds.
- Keep the peppers whole.
- Wrap a cube of the cheese with procuitto and stuff it into the pepper.
- If there is still room in the pepper, stuff in more proscuitto.
- Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Place all of the peppers into a jar.
- A 1 quart jar usually works.
- Sprinkle salt over peppers.
- Pour in olive oil to cover all of the peppers.
- Cover and let sit on counter top for 1 hour, then refrigerate.
- I usually let them chill for at least 5 days.