Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from Nov. 2010 Parents magazine. Can be thrown together the day before.
- 12 ounces seasoned stuffing mix (whole-wheat, like Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 (14 ounce) canslow-sodium chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- nonstick cooking spray
- Place the stuffing mix and broth in a large bowl. Let stand about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium. Add celery, shallots, sage, and thyme. Cook for about 6 minutes or until softened.
- Stir the vegetable mixture into stuffing mixture.
- Add pecan and dried cherries.
- Transfer mixture to 2-quart square baking dish. Cover with foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day bake at 400 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until heat through.
- Let stuffing stand at least 15 minutes before serving.