Recipe by Donna M.
This cookie makes a colorful addition to a holiday cookie platter. From a Land O Lakes cookbook.
Top Review by Laura36
I tried these for Christmas--they were easy to make and a big hit with the adults(not so much the kids). They are a drier, not so sweet cookie and make a beautiful presentation. I had a little trouble telling when they were done but the baking time was pretty much right on. These were very tasty!!! I will definitely make again!
- 1 cup real butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied red cherries or 1 1⁄2 cups green glazed cherries, halved
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, sugar, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low and add 2 1/4 cups flour.
- Mix well.
- Combine cherries and 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl; toss to coat.
- Stir in cherry mixture and pecans by hand.
- Cover dough and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Shape dough into three 10 x 1 1/2-inch rolls on lightly floured waxed paper.
- Wrap rolls in plastic food wrap and refrigerate until firm (1 to 3 hours).
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut rolls into 3/8-inch slices with sharp knife.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are very lightly browned.
- NOTE: This dough freezes well.
- Wrap rolls tightly and place in plastic freezer bags or foil.
- Thaw in refrigerator before slicing.