Recipe by Whisper
This tasty recipe came from my aunt. I love the convenience of these refrigerator cookies. Just slice off as many as you want, and leave the rest in the frig for another time! Refrigerated time not included in prep time.
Top Review by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
Saw this recipe & Dh's dad was coming for coffee this morning. Had everything available in the house. So I thought it must be a sign. Used my KitchenAid & it could not have been any easier. I planned on keeping the second roll for later in the week but 2 neighbours dropped by so in the oven they went. Everyone asked for the recipe. Thank you Whisper.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons red maraschino cherry syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- red maraschino cherry, halved (or candied cherries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Blend in egg, syrup, extract, and food coloring.
- Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Stir into cremed mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Shape dough into two 9-inch rolls.
- Wrap in waxed paper or clear plastic wrap.
- Chill well.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Lightly press a well-drained red cherry half into center of each cookie.
- Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly; remove to rack.