This tasty recipe came from my aunt. I love the convenience of these refrigerator cookies. Just slice off as many as you want, and leave the rest in the frig for another time! Refrigerated time not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons red maraschino cherry syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- red maraschino cherry, halved (or candied cherries)
- 1Cream butter and sugar.
- 2Blend in egg, syrup, extract, and food coloring.
- 3Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- 4Stir into cremed mixture.
- 5Stir in nuts.
- 6Shape dough into two 9-inch rolls.
- 7Wrap in waxed paper or clear plastic wrap.
- 8Chill well.
- 9Cut into 1/4-inch slices; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Lightly press a well-drained red cherry half into center of each cookie.
- 11Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes.
- 12Cool slightly; remove to rack.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Pecan Gems
Serving Size: 1 (911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 728.7
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Sodium 537.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: