Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies. When I was little my mom would make these because she didnt like chocolate chip cookies. I make these now for my boys and they love'em too :) They eat them almost quicker than I can get them baked.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup real butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (white)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces candied red cherries, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to wet ingredients slowly and mix well.
- Add chopped cherries and pecans.
- Chill dough for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.
- BAKE in preheated 375-degree [Fahrenheit] oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- * For bigger cookies use tablespoons, but yield will be less.