My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fresh mango (*1 large mango will give you 1 cup of fruit.) or 1 cup canned mango, diced (mangoes in juice are available at many supermarkets in the produce section)
- 1/4 cup mangoes or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups carrots, pared, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 teaspoons ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- 3In large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, one at time; beat well.
- 5Add mangoes and mango juice. Beat until light and fluffy.
- 6In another bowl, combine flour and dry ingredients.
- 7Add to creamed butter mixture and mix well.
- 8Stir in cherries and pecans.
- 9Divide batter between the two cake pans.
- 10Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 11Remove cakes from oven; let cool 10 minutes.
- 12Loosen edges of cake and invert onto cooling racks. Cool completely.
- 13Make Cherry Frosting. In small saucepan, heat cream and cherries over medium heat until cherries are very soft, about 3 minutes.
- 14Cool mixture 5 minutes.
- 15Stir in vanilla and rum.
- 16Cool in refrigerator about 15 minutes.
- 17In large mixer bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light.
- 18Beat in cooled cherry mixture.
- 19Gradually beat in sugar until creamy.
- 20Place one layer of cake on serving plate. Spread with frosting.
- 21Top with second cake layer and frost tip and sides of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Pecan Carrot Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1124.1
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 198.2 mg
- Sodium 887.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 117.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: