Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherry, drained
- Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Beat just til blended after each addition.
- Fold in pecans and cherries.
- Turn batter into greased loaf pans.
- Stud with pecan halves and halved cherries, if desired.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan;cool on wire rack.