Recipe by echo echo
A quick bread with cherries that's almost cake-like. Really delicious. Cooking time includes cooling time, too.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
the taste was great although I would have prefered it to rise a bit better than it did, I am going to try this again but increase the BS and BP to 1 teaspoon, I'm also going to try this using mashed pears in place of apricots, this bread tastes even better the next day, thanks for sharing echo!
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 473.18 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml coriander
- 236.59 ml mashed drained canned apricots
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml halved maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan, line the bottom with wax paper and grease the paper.
- Beat the butter with sugar until fluffy; blend in the egg.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine the apricots, sourcream and almond extract.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with apricot mixture.
- Fold in the nuts and cherries.
- Turn into the loaf pan and bake 50 minutes or until crust springs back when lightly poked with fingertip.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.