Recipe by echo echo
A quick bread with cherries that's almost cake-like. Really delicious. Cooking time includes cooling time, too.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
the taste was great although I would have prefered it to rise a bit better than it did, I am going to try this again but increase the BS and BP to 1 teaspoon, I'm also going to try this using mashed pears in place of apricots, this bread tastes even better the next day, thanks for sharing echo!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup mashed drained canned apricots
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup halved maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan, line the bottom with wax paper and grease the paper.
- Beat the butter with sugar until fluffy; blend in the egg.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine the apricots, sourcream and almond extract.
- Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with apricot mixture.
- Fold in the nuts and cherries.
- Turn into the loaf pan and bake 50 minutes or until crust springs back when lightly poked with fingertip.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.