Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Who says you can't have a fresh baked dessert at your campsite? It may be difficult to serve with ice cream at camp, but a bit of light cream is delicious. If you are making this at home on your grill (saving the heat from your stove during a hot summer) then by all means, do use the ice cream. This is a fun and delicious dessert to make next to your grilled meat, packet potatoes and grilled veggie side. Dinner is complete without even turning the stove on.
- Crumble the sugar-nut mixture from the refrigerated caramel rolls into the bottom of a 10 inch heavy skillet with a tight fitting lid.
- Mix together the orange juice, orange zest and cinnamon; pour over the nut mixture.
- Stir in pie filling and pears; cover.
- Grill over medium-slow coals until mixture is bubbly and pears are nearly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Seperate rolls and arrange cut side down on top of the hot cherry-pear mixture.
- Cover and cook until rolls are done, about 20 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.