1/1 Photo of Cherry Peach Cobbler
A nice seasonal cobbler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 lb peach, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the fruit in a bowl with the sugar, cinnamon and orange liquor and pour into a 9x13 inch or 4 quart casserole dish.
- 2In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 3After the dry ingredients are thoroughly blended, add the buttermilk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, and cold butter in quick succession, combining only briefly, to leave the mixture as lumpy as possible.
- 4Pour dough onto a lightly floured board and flatten gently with a rolling pin into a shape approximately 1-inch thick and just large enough to cover the top of the fruit in the dish completely.
- 5Place dough over fruit and seal edges so that the fruit is enclosed. Make 1 or two vent holes depending on the size pan used.
- 6Brush the dough with melted butter, and sprinkle the top with sugar. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.5
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 238.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: