Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Outpost Natural Foods. Use with Light and Tasty Lemon Yogurt Pancakes.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and halved (if using canned cherries, replace o.j. with juice from cherries)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Add orange juice, cherries and orange peel.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil until thickened.
- Serve over warm pancakes or waffles.
Heavenly! I made this over pancakes for breakfast yesterday and it's officially my new favorite pancake topping! I used cherry pie filling for the fruit, but still added some orange juice to achieve a nice, syrup texture and increase the volume a touch. The taste was out of this world-I loved how the orange juice and zest enhanced the scrumptious cherries. I also really appreciated that it never tasted too sweet for breakfast; it never turned it into a dessert. What a fantastic recipe! Thank you very much!
I made this sauce recipe to go with this chef's 'Light & Tasty Lemon Yogurt Pancakes,' & I wasn't disappointed! This is a very nice switch from the traditional maple syrup [which I DO like!]. Will definitely keep this in my files! Many thanks.