Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
You want a comforting pudding and you want it now. Make this. Yummmmmm....
- 1 (142 ml) container double cream
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (optional)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 5 tablespoons cherry jam
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices brioche bread
- unsalted butter (for frying)
- cherries, to serve (optional)
- Whisk the cream just until it starts to form soft peaks, then stir in the kirsch (if using), icing sugar and 1 TBs jam.
- Set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a shallow dish.
- Make 4 jam sandwiches with the brioche and remaining jam, pressing each one firmly so that they stick together.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture, letting the mixture soak in a little.
- Melt a knob of the butter in a large frying pan and fry the sandwiches on a low medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Slice in half or in fingers and serve with a good dollop of the kirsch cream and a cherry.