Recipe by Dienia B.
From an old newspaper clipping of Libby's. With the whole fruit it doesn't look like a true jelly, but it does look good. I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure about amounts. The box of pectin is a guess; it's just a regular box size. Anyone that tries this before I do let me know please. I'm posting all the recipes I have written down to try.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 6 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients, except pectin, together in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When boiling, add pectin according to manufacturer's instructions, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a full rolling boil for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Put in clean sterile jars and seal.