Recipe by ChrisWells
I made this relish to accompany the Festive Terrine for our summer Christmas lunch
- 1 cup pitted cherries (tinned or frozen work perfectly)
- 2 brown onions, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chili peppers or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy based pan, and gently cook the onions until they become caramelised.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook on a low simmer until liquid has reduced and the relish is the consistency of jam.
- Cool before serving. Will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.