Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Another "unique" Hostess gift, from your kitchen! Attractive on the Buffet table at Christmas time. This recipe came from an OLD Purity cookbook, I was able to lay my hands on.
- use only royal anne cherries or bing cherry (preferably Bing)
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups white vinegar
- Sterilize Pint sealers.
- Pack each sealer with Cherries, leaving about 1 inch of stem on each.
- To each sealer, add: 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 cup white vinegar,"top-up" sealer with cold water.
- Seal and store in a cool, dry place.
- Store for at least 1 month, before using.