Recipe by mailbelle
Great topped with whipped cream for dessert or to have with coffee!
Top Review by xxsimplysweetxx
I was craving something sweet but wasn't in the mood for apple crisp. This was my first time making a crisp using cherry pie filling and I can't believe how easy and delicious it was. I omitted the nutmeg, decreased the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and added 1/2 tablespoon of almond extract. I baked them in individual ramekins for 40 minutes. Sooooo good...they were a hit with my family. I may try to make this again using fresh, pitted cherries because I'm not crazy that the pie filling contains so much corn syrup. But if you're looking for something easy, but tastes fantastic, this is a great recipe.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread pie filling into a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine the next six ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with whipped cream and dig in!