Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are really tasty. I adapted this recipe from Razzle Rasperry Oatmeal Cookie Bars #88383. I use sucanat and whole wheat or spelt flour to make these healthier. They still taste delicious.
- 2 (907.18 g) bag frozen cherries, thawed
- 236.59 ml sucanat
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- Check cherries for pits. Drain. Put cherries into a blender (one bag at a time) and blend until somewhat blended but still chunky. Put into a colander or strainer to drain.
- Combine sucanat, flour, baking powder, salt and oats.
- Add margarine and stir.
- Put 3/4 of flour mixture into a greased or sprayed 9x13 pan and pat it down.
- Spread blended cherries on top.
- Top with rest of flour mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
These are pretty darn good. I did a few things different. Didn't have sucanat so I used equal parts white and brown sugar. I also made a pan using raspberries that I think turned out well. My fiance said they were a bit tart...but that wasn't a bad thing. I also put some chocolate chips on top just for fun and those were good. If I make this again, I might add a little to the crust portion as it seemed like it was just BARELY enough. Also, don't add any extra fruit as the amounts called for are almost too much (for the raspberries, I only used 24 total ounces and it was fine).