1/4 Photos of Cherry Oat Bars (From a Cake Mix)
This is an easy recipe that uses a cake mix and a jar of fruit preserves. The basic recipe can be easily altered according to your preference. For example, instead of cherry preserves, try chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or raspberry jam. For lower-fat option, see note at end of instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a 9x13 pan.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, oats and butter until butter has been evenly distributed and entire mixture is crumbly. (See Note #1 at end for directions to make a lower-fat option).
- 3Press TWO-THIRDS the oat mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the preserves with water and spread over the crust. (See Note #2 at end, regarding jam).
- 5Add pecans to the remaining ONE THIRD oat mixture and crumble this over the top, allowing some of the cherry filling to show through.
- 6Bake 375 for 28-30 minutes (34-36 minutes if you are doing the lower-fat option), or until the top is lightly browned and the center doesn't collapse when you press lightly.
- 7For best results, cut into bars after the bars are set and cooled (I like to cover with foil and cut into bars the next day).
- 8NOTE #1: For lower-fat option, instead of 3/4 cup butter, use 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce.
- 9NOTE #2: A 10 oz. jar of Smuckers "Simply Fruit" is about 1 cup. Use the whole jar.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Oat Bars (From a Cake Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 191.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g