Recipe by robinjoy
Born in the 1960s, this refrigerator pie immediately became a national favorite with cooks because it was so simple and delicious, sort of a cross between cheesecake and key lime pie. But no baking required.
Top Review by ELS
My mom makes a recipe very very similar to this, but first she puts all the ingredients you listed (except the cherries, obviously) into the blender. This makes it super easy! The next ingredient, which your recipe does not include, which I think makes the pie - you fold in 1 large carton of cool whip before putting it into the pie crust and topping with the cherries. TRY IT! You will love it even more!
- 6 ounces graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inch diameter)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (I add aliitle more, but I like tart)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled