Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Born in the 1960s, this refrigerator pie immediately became a national favorite with cooks because it was so simple and delicious, sort of a cross between cheesecake and key lime pie. But no baking required.
- 6 ounces graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inch diameter)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice (I add aliitle more, but I like tart)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, chilled
- With mixer; beat cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla Pour into crust.
- Chill at least 4 hours or more.
- Spoon pie filling on top and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
My mom makes a recipe very very similar to this, but first she puts all the ingredients you listed (except the cherries, obviously) into the blender. This makes it super easy! The next ingredient, which your recipe does not include, which I think makes the pie - you fold in 1 large carton of cool whip before putting it into the pie crust and topping with the cherries. TRY IT! You will love it even more!
made this tonight,excellent.doesnt get any better.yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!