Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely chopped pecans
- maraschino cherry, drained and cut in half
- Cream shortening and cream cheese,gradually add sugar,beating at medium spped until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract,beating well.
- Comine flour,soda and salt,stir flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Chill dough at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in pecans,and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Gently pressa cherry hlf into center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
very good, i added cherries and pecans right in batter, and they were delicious