Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
This cookie tastes great and looks good on a cookie tray. I clipped the recipe from the Fort Worth Star Telegram in the 80's
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely chopped pecans
- maraschino cherry, drained and halved
- Cream butter and cream cheese and sugar, mix together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract.
- Beat well.
- Combine flour, salt and soda.
- Stir into creamed mixture.
- chill dough at least one hour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.Roll in pecans and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Gently press a cherry half into center of each cookie.
- Bake 350 for 16-18 minutes.
- prep time includes chill time.
i have made these before and they are wonderful! however, if you are following the recipe as noted on this website, DON'T FORGET THE SUGAR! it is listed in the ingredients, but i followed the recipe instructions (as i don't trust myself to cook without specific guidance), and the "add sugar" part is not listed. therefore, i never added it. sadly, i didn't realize the mistake until i cooked two pans full of lovely little cookies, and my much-anticipated first bite was full of disappointment! no sugar... perhaps this could be marketed as a "healthy" version of the cherry nut nugget? ha.