Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are nice to wrap up and include in gift-trays of goodies at the holidays.
- 1 (3 ounce) package dried tart cherries (3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup shelled walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- Heat cherries and brandy in saucepan over low heat just until mixture starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes for cherries to soften.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 3 mini loaf pans (6x3x2") with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and allspice in large bowl.
- Beat together eggs and sugars in medium-sized bowl until well blended.
- Beat in buttermilk and oil.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Add egg mixture to well.
- Stir with a wooden spoon just until the flour mixture is evenly moistened and better comes together.
- Fold in walnuts and cherries with their soaking liquid from the saucepan.
- Divide batter equally among prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until wood pick inserted in centers of loaves comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn loaves out onto wire rack to cool.
- NOTE: You can bake 1 9x5x3" loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes.