Recipe by Sharon in Ontario. Canada
This is a recipe picked up in the grocery store. I believe Chippits put out the booklet. I have it written in my little recipe book and our family love it at Christmas time, if it lasts that long!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed (divided in two)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied cherries (green and red)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Cut butter into mixture until it resembles course crumbs.
- Press into uingreaded 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minute.
- Beat eggs slightly in large bowl.
- Stir in 2/3 cup brown sugar and salt.
- Add nuts, cherries and chippits.
- Toss to coat.
- Spoon fruit mixture over baked layer.
- Bake another 20 minutes.