Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This creamy ice cream is awesome with chocolate drizzled over it!
- 1 (10 ounce) jar red maraschino cherries
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Drain maraschino cherries, reserving 1/3 cup of juice. Chop cherries; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine reserved cherry juice, half and half, whipping cream, brown sugar, and vanilla; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour cream mixture into freezer canister of 4 or 5 quart ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir chopped maraschino cherries and pecans into ice cream. If desired, ripen ice cream about 4 hours.