Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
These are lovely for Easter but they could be made into balls for Christmas as well.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 (3 ounce) packages vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 (9 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 lb chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cherries in half, and drain well on paper towels.
- Cook milk, butter and pudding in a medium saucepan on low heat until well blended and thick.
- Remove from stove and add cherries, nuts and enough sugar to make a thick consistency.
- Form the mixture into 8 to 10 egg shapes with hands coated in butter.
- Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Chill several hours until firm.
- Melt chocolate being careful not to scorch it.
- Frost egg with melted chocolate or dip in chocolate.