Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another way to use cherry pie filling for dessert without making a dump cake. Recipe comes from a Pillsbury Bake-Off Dessert Cookbook (1980's).
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tarter, salt, butter, egg, lemon peel, and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Press mixture into prepared pan (don't cover rim of pie pan).
- Spoon cherry pie filling evenly onto pressed layer.
- Sprinkle with topping and nuts.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- TOPPING: Combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.