Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great with your morning cup of java.
Make and share this Cherry Nut Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the topping: In a small bowl, add the sugar and flour.
- With a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until mixture is like coarse crumbs.
- Add in walnuts; stir and set aside.
- To make the cake: In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add in the eggs, beating well.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream; stir well after each addition.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Spread half of the pie filling evenly over the batter.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until the top is browned and pick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly.
- For glaze: In a small bowl, mix together the milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla; Drizzle over the coffee cake.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Yummy coffee cake...left out nuts as took to work meeting and did not know if anyone would be allergic...turned out great