Recipe by Laura2of7
Bar cookies with chewy dried cherries, crunchy nuts, and rich chocolate morsels, topped with a simple almond glaze. Recipe can be easily halved or doubled. Also can be made as a drop cookie instead of bars.
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml semisweet chocolate morsel (6 ounces)
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened sour cherries (roughly chopped)
- 236.59 ml almonds, toasted and chopped
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml whole milk (See note)
- 4.92 ml almond extract (See note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light-colored and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well-combined after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
- With a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate morsels.
- Spread into a 1/4 sheet pan, 15" x 10" (or two 11' x 7" brownie pans) and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack and cut into bars about 2" x 1.25".
- Stir last three ingredients together to make a thin glaze, adding more liquid if necessary. Drizzle glaze over cooled bars and allow to harden before serving.
- Note: Glaze can be easily changed to suit your taste. Swap the milk for water, cherry juice, almond milk, or a flavored liqueur. Swap the almond extract for another flavor, or leave it out entirely if using a flavored liquid.