Bar cookies with chewy dried cherries, crunchy nuts, and rich chocolate morsels, topped with a simple almond glaze. Recipe can be easily halved or doubled. Also can be made as a drop cookie instead of bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel (6 ounces)
- 1 cup dried sweetened sour cherries (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk (See note)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (See note)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light-colored and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well-combined after each addition.
- 5Beat in vanilla extract.
- 6Gradually mix in dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
- 7With a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in nuts, cherries and chocolate morsels.
- 8Spread into a 1/4 sheet pan, 15" x 10" (or two 11' x 7" brownie pans) and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- 9Cool in the pan on a wire rack and cut into bars about 2" x 1.25".
- 10Stir last three ingredients together to make a thin glaze, adding more liquid if necessary. Drizzle glaze over cooled bars and allow to harden before serving.
- 11Note: Glaze can be easily changed to suit your taste. Swap the milk for water, cherry juice, almond milk, or a flavored liqueur. Swap the almond extract for another flavor, or leave it out entirely if using a flavored liquid.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Nut Chocolate Chippers
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 71.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried sweetened sour cherries