Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Vibrant colored quick bread that is sure to wow you. Enjoy!
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml milk
- 709.77 ml pancake mix (complete)
- 118.29 ml black walnut (finely chopped)
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml cherry pie filling (canned)
- 4.92 ml butter
- Mix ingredients together.
- Use butter to grease baking dish.
- Use 9" x 9" square baking dish.
- Bake in 350° F oven for 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
This one is a little hard for me. I made cupcakes out of this batter and topped them with a cinnamon walnut streusel. Although they were incredibly easy to make I feel that they would have been a little bland without the streusel. The surprise bites of cherry that you get while eating them are awesome, but the cake/bread itself is pretty tasteless. I'm rating 4 stars because I feel not that these were bad by any stretch, but that I feel they were missing something like the streusel that I added. Thanks for posting an inspiring recipe like this. I'm going to keep playing with it until I get it right for me and my family. Made for Potluck Tag.
This is delicious and so easy to make. I made an 8 x8 inch cake plus 6 cupcakes. Frosted it with chocolate cream cheese frosting.Thanks for posting this ! Geep