Recipe by MizzNezz
Grab a slice of this while it's still a little bit warm, YUMMY!!
Top Review by carole in orlando
Very good taste! And I didn't even have the amount of cherries called for. I mixed 1/4 cup cherry juice with 3/4 cup buttermilk and it gives the bread alittle more cherry flavor, and a pink color. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- In lg mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Alternately add flour and buttermilk, blending well.
- Add vanilla, nuts, and cherries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes, until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove and cool on wire rack.