Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mum used to make these biscuits for me all the time as a kid, and they are still so good! I think they may have come from a Women's Weekly cookbook, but they're really simple biscuits to make, use basic ingredients and suit so many tastes... whenever they've been made they always go down a real treat (and they look pretty special to!).
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and the vanilla, beating well.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and combine to form a soft dough.
- Drop round teaspoonfuls of mixture into the nuts.
- Roll in balls.
- Place onto lined oven trays (allowing room for spreading) and press half a cherry on top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing biscuits from their trays.